24 Hour Free Crisis Line
All of our services are free and confidential. Walk-In Services are primarily domestic violence assistance services provided for individuals not needing emergency shelter services.
Services available at the Walk-in Office...
- Medical Advocacy
- Legal Advocacy
- Housing Referrals
- Children's Counseling and Programming
- Group Counseling
- Educational Programs
- Employment Assistance/Referrals
- Community Education/Trainings
- Safety Planning
What is domestic violence?
Domestic Violence is a pattern of behavior that is used to gain power and control over one's intimate partner, and it can occur in both dating and marital relationships. The violence can be in the form of physical injury, but it may also be in the form of threats, isolation, sexual assault, and emotional abuse.
Am I being abused?
The answer may be yes if your spouse, ex-spouse, lover, or dating partner displays the following behavior:
- Constantly keeps track of you
- Acts jealous or possessive
- Accuses you of being unfaithful or flirting
- Discourages your relationships with friends and family
- Prevents you from working or attending school
- Constantly criticizes you
- Controls all finances and forces you to account for what you spend
- Humiliates you in front of others
- Destroys personal property or sentimental items
- Threatens to hurt you or your children
- Threatens to use a weapon against you or your children
- Pushes, hits, slaps, punches, kicks or bites you or your children
- Forces you to have sex against your will
If this is happening to you it is important to know that there is help. You are not alone!