Â» Make a donation using our secure online form.
Nancy Phelps is the only Qualified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) in the Quad City area. She has been providing SAP services for the past 10 years.
The SAP specialty comes from the Department of Transportation (DOT) 49 CFR Part 40 Federal Rules and regulations that pertain to drug and alcohol testing of all modalities that fall under the DOT, such as:
- FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- FRA (Federal Railroad Administration)
- FTA (Federal Transit Administration)
- FAA (Federal Aviation Administration)
- RSPA (Research and Special Programs)
- USCG (United States Coast Guard)
If an employee tests positive for drugs, alcohol, or any other violation under DOT 49 CFR Part 40, they must see a Qualified SAP.
The SAP will:
- Conduct an initial assessment
- Contact and keep employer posted, new or old
- Submit reports to authorized parties
- Refer for appropriate services
- Monitor services
- Conduct the follow up assessment
- Maintain records for 5 years
Nancy Phelps is also able to provide substance abuse trainings.
Federal DOT Drug/Alcohol Regulations mandate the following:
All supervisors of employees, who fall under the definition of safety sensitive under DOT 49 CFR Part 40, MUST have two-hour drug/alcohol training for supervisors.
In the state of Iowa, if a company has a drug policy, all supervisors must have one hour annual drug/alcohol training.
Please contact Nancy Phelps for more information or to set up an appointment or training.